Program Director, Accelerate 100+
About the Organization
The Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council (Mid-States MSDC) is one of the nation’s premier organizations for increasing business opportunities between major buying organizations and minority-owned businesses. It serves as a membership organization for major corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, and universities and operates within the state. Specifically, the Council promotes and facilitates business relationships between its members and certified minority-owned business enterprises.
Mid-States MSDC works to expand business opportunities for minority-owned companies to build a stronger, more equitable society by supporting and promoting minority business development.
Mid-States MSDC has over 60 corporate members and approximately 250 certified minority businesses. The Council organizes networking events, educational sessions, and unique opportunities that serve as venues for Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and corporate members to come together and identify mutually beneficial opportunities to work with one another.
Mid-States MSDC is a private, non-profit organization categorized by the IRS as 501(c)(3). The Council is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, and has offices in St. Louis, MO. The Council is one of 23 regional affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
About the Job
The Program Director for the Accelerate 100+ program reports to the President and is responsible for directing a three-state business development program that is focused on increasing economic access for Central Indiana’s diverse businesses by providing professional development, best practices, and access that meets each participant’s individual needs. Accelerate 100+ is a twelve-month program that results in greater access to education, capital, contract opportunities, new business, and support services. This includes focusing on diverse businesses, leading them through research and business conception to business implementation and sustainability, education and training -culminating with the issuance of a Certificate of Entrepreneurship from an accredited college/university.
The goal of this program is to scale 150 existing diverse businesses and create 30 new diverse businesses with a focus on young entrepreneurs.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. As a natural-born leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
Objectives of this Role
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives.
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached.
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity.
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders.
- Supervise other program support staff.
- Market program to strategic partners, as well as other Minority Business Development entities.
- Conduct organizational assessments of businesses and implement recommendations.
- Conduct assessments of the high growth capacity of minority-owned businesses.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 5+ years in an advanced management role (preference given to those with program management experience).
- Exceptional leadership, project management, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of procurement and supplier diversity is a plus.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Previous stakeholder management skills
|NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs and goals of the organization.|
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
Mid-States MSDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.