As of January 1, 2014, MBEs no longer need to obtain reciprocal certification to do business with a national member in another state or NMSDC region. Now, the Mid-States MSDC will provide Subscription Services to certified MBEs in good standing with their home certifying affiliate.
A Subscription is an agreement to receive or be given access to affiliate products or services, such as:
- Access to top corporate purchasing agents
- Premium business connection outings and networking events
- Regional or industry-specific newsletters
- Vital introductions to national corporate members
- Specialized procurement conferences and trade fairs
- Supplier Diversity summits and roundtable discussions
- Professional development fellowships
- Mentor-Protégé pairings and other educational or development programs
- Technical and/or financial assistance and support
Mid-States MSDC has a set of subscription services to offer certified MBEs that choose to do business in another service area. The services will be accessed using the Mid-States MSDC’s website, as either a bundle of services or on a pay-as-you go basis. Some services will be specific to a dominant industry or will be unique to the region or market in the service area. Other services will be based on the ability to provide specialized services, such as office rental or technology support.
The 23 NMSDC Affiliate Regional Councils provide the following Standard Services for certified minority business enterprises (MBEs) without additional charge:
- Certification process
- Post-certification briefing
- Inclusion in and access to the NMSDC supplier database
- Discounted fees for registration at NMSDC national events
- Eligibility for participation in NMSDC development programs
The fee for Subscription Services within the NMSDC Network may vary slightly from affiliate to affiliate. Mid-States MSDC’s subscription fees range from $500 – $1,500/year.
- All Inclusive Fee – $1,500
- Class One – $500
- Class Two – $650
- Class Three – $800
- Class Four – $800
In order to qualify for subscription services, your company must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an actively certified MBE within the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) network.
- Must be in good financial standing with your home RMSDC at the time of the subscription service request.
- Must be more than 60 days away from your home RMSDC certification expiration date when applying for subscription services.
A subscription service runs concurrently with your home affiliate council certification. The subscription expiration date will be the same as your home council certification expiration date. For example, if Company X is certified in Georgia with GMSDC from January 30, 2019 until January 30, 2020, then the subscription expiration date with the Mid-States MSDC should also expire on the same date as the GMSDC certificate — January 30, 2020.
All MBEs are welcome to subscribe to the service at any time. However, any certified MBE requesting subscription services within 60 days of their certification expiring at their home certifying Council will be asked to withhold their request until re-certification with their home certifying Council is completed.
- Access to top Mid-States MSDC’s corporate, educational and government agents
- Access to participate in Mid-States MBE CEO Academy (at local rates) program*
- Free access for one (1) representative to the following annual events:
- Mid-States Procurement Conference Walk-through (April)
- Louis Golf Outing (June)
- Indianapolis Top Golf, Golf Outing (August)
- Annual Awards Dinner (November)
- Eligibility to purchase resource table (at local rates) at the Mid-States Procurement Conference*
- Receive regular email newsletters with event info, RFP opportunities, etc.
- 90-days to Engagement on-boarding program, that provides a step-by-process to meeting local and national corporations within our footprint.
- Eligible to participate in MBE University (at local rates) which focuses on critical training for small businesses*.
- Acknowledgment letter